The Biden Administration has drafted a 46- page document Titled “D.H.S. Plan to Restore Trust in Our Legal Immigration System.” The document outlines plans to undo Trump administration policies that make immigration more difficult, expensive, and lengthy. What could it mean for you?
Asylum-seekers, skilled workers, & refugees:
– Possibility of a smooth process
– policies to streamline the process
– Simpler immigration forms
H-1B visa programs & U-visa:
– Possible increase in visa quota
– Less wait time
– Better chance of securing a work visa
With the current roadblocks, adjudication of immigration applications has been difficult. Hopefully, the Biden administration comes up with an efficient process to streamline applications, integrate modern technology, and remove the roadblocks placed by the Trump Administration.